- Design a perennial garden that blooms for almost 9 months of the year
- Create great soil that will sustain your garden without any weeds
- Conserve water and still give your plants exactly what they need to grow and bloom their best
- Learn how to create the perfect drip irrigation system using Tova’s specialized method.
- You’ll learn all of this and more without spending a lot of time!
You’ll learn about flower details, and new plants you thought couldn’t grow in this climate! And you learn which plants attract hummingbirds & butterflies, deer & rabbit resistance, from the special symbols on each page. There’s also a section on ornamental grasses.
This book is your constant reference on perennial gardening in challenging climates. Whether you are a new gardener or have gardened for years, you’ll learn all kinds of new tips and information. You’ll refer to this manual again and again.
Like Perennials? You’ll love this book! By “mccalis” Tova’s book is a MUST have for the anyone who wants to grow perennials. It shows you how to take advantage of microclimates in your garden so you can grow plants that are listed out of your USDA or Sunset zone. Then the gardener, from the beginner to the most ambitious, can experiment with a wider variety of plants.
I also like the straight-forward way the book is written. Find the season you want, the plants are listed in alphabetical order by season of bloom with a list of the plant’s essential needs. This way you don’t need to read 10 paragraphs about the plant to find how much sunlight it requires. The pictures are also not only accurate but artistic.$20.00 includes shipping